The Truth About Cell Phones and the National Do Not Call Registry
March 14, 2013
Contrary to re-circulating email:
- There is no new cell phone national do not call database. There is only one National Do Not Call Registry. It is operated by the Federal Trade Commission and covers both cell and landline phone numbers.
- Registering your cell or landline phone number is free. Once registered, a number stays on the Do Not Call Registry until the registration is canceled or service for the number is discontinued.
- There is no deadline for registering a phone number on the Do Not Call Registry.
- No numbers on the Do Not Call Registry are being released to telemarketers.
- For more about the Registry...
Blog Topic: Be Smart Online