Video and Media
Netgear Router: Change the Default Admin Password (Tutorial)
Step-by-Step Instructions to Change the Default Admin Password on Your Netgear Router
- Connect to your wireless network.
- Open your Web browser and type in the Web address http://www.routerlogin.net
- Press Enter
- The NETGEAR Prompt dialog opens
- Click the OK button
- Type in the user name and default password (it's probably "password")
- The Router Manager window will appear
- Under the header Maintenance, select the Set Password menu item
- Type in the old, default password (again, it's probably password). And then type in a new password -- twice.
- Click the Apply button
Developed by the Internet Education Foundation as part of its GetNetWise program.