Video and Media
Apple Airport Wireless Network: Restrict Access by MAC Address (Tutorial)
Step-by-Step Instructions to Restrict Access by MAC Address on Your Apple Airport Wireless Network
- Open your AirPort Admin Utility application (this program was installed from the CD-ROM when you set up the device)
- Find your network's name and double-click it or press the Configure button on the bottom right of the screen.
- Here, our network name is Apple Airport Express
- Enter your password and click OK.
- The Configure "Apple Airport Express" Base Station should open. Click on AirPort tab.
- Click on Wireless Security… button.
- Pull down the Wireless Security menu (by clicking on the word Off. Drag your mouse down to WPA2 Personal.
- Click on Set Pre-Shared Key… button.
- Type in a Pre-Shared Key, then verify it by re-typing it. Click OK.
- Click OK again.
- Finally, make sure to hit the update button to save the changes.
Developed by the Internet Education Foundation as part of its GetNetWise program.