Video and Media
Password Protect Your Computer in Windows XP (Tutorial)
Step-by-Step Instructions to Password Protect Your Computer in Windows XP
- Click the Start button.
- Select the Control Panel menu item.
- After the Control Panel window opens, select the User Accounts link.
- Make sure to password protect all of your computer user accounts -- especially the Administrator accounts.
- Under User Accounts, click the name of a user who is not password protected.
- Select the Create a Password option.
- Click the text box below Type a new password: and type your password. Then in the box below, re-type the password to confirm, and then below that, type a password hint to help you remember.
- Click the text box below Create Password button.
- Repeat this process for all your computer's user accounts.
Developed by the Internet Education Foundation as part of its GetNetWise program.